what score needed to pass hazard perception test
You’ll get the result at the test centre after taking the theory test. You must pass both parts to pass the test.
You’ll get a letter at the test centre. It’ll tell you which parts you did not score enough points on so you know what to practise.
Monday: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
The hazard perception test measures your ability to recognise and respond to potentially dangerous situations and react appropriately.
A theory test is made up of two parts taken at the same time – hazard perception and multiple-choice questions.
Once you have your provisional Licence, you can then start thinking about your theory test. You need to pass your theory test before you can take your practical driving test.
You have to pass the Hazard Perception Test to move from a learner’s permit to a P1 provisional licence.
- You can do the test at any Customer Service Centre. You must book first by calling 13 10 84. When you book you must give your learner’s permit number.
- You must pay a fee every time you take the test. You can pay the fee by credit card when you book, or by cash, debit or credit card if you visit a Customer Service Centre.
- You do the test on a computer, but you don’t need computer skills.
- The test checks your ability to deal with risky driving situations.
- You’ll look at film clips of real traffic situations. You’ll be asked to show what you would do in these situations.
- You can practice the test here on the My Licence website.
- If you fail the test you can take it again straight away if a spot is available.
The Hazard Perception Test (HPT) is an online computerised test that measures a person’s ability to detect and respond to potentially dangerous situations on the road. Research shows the value of HPT in predicting subsequent crash risk, including some evidence that found those drivers who failed HPT at least twice were more likely to be involved in a crash compared to those who passed on their first attempt.
The practice test allows you to attempt examples that are like the actual HPT. This will give you some practice on what to look out for in the test, as well as get a feel for how the test functions.