what score to pass hazard perception test
You’ll get a letter with a pass certificate number at the test centre. You need this when you book and take your driving test.
You’ll get the result at the test centre after taking the theory test. You must pass both parts to pass the test.
The maximum points you can score for each hazard perception clip is five points.
At the test centre you’ll watch a total of nineteen videos, and there are a total of twenty developing hazards that you will be required to spot.
This is the number one (and essentially only) resource to practically prepare for the HPT. You can find links to the practice tests and Driving Test WA commentary on the appropriate responses here.
The Hazard Perception Test (HPT) is a practical, computer-based test. To get an idea of what the test will look like and how you will interact with the touch screen you should not just rely on the 3 online simulations provided by the Department of Transport. Although these examples feature real traffic clips and instructions like the real test, they do not provide enough variety to effectively prepare you for the HPT.
Advice for New Drivers
A theory test is made up of two parts taken at the same time – hazard perception and multiple-choice questions.
You have to pass the Hazard Perception Test to move from a learner’s permit to a P1 provisional licence.
- You can do the test at any Customer Service Centre. You must book first by calling 13 10 84. When you book you must give your learner’s permit number.
- You must pay a fee every time you take the test. You can pay the fee by credit card when you book, or by cash, debit or credit card if you visit a Customer Service Centre.
- You do the test on a computer, but you don’t need computer skills.
- The test checks your ability to deal with risky driving situations.
- You’ll look at film clips of real traffic situations. You’ll be asked to show what you would do in these situations.
- You can practice the test here on the My Licence website.
- If you fail the test you can take it again straight away if a spot is available.