hazard test pass mark
You’ll get the result at the test centre after taking the theory test. You must pass both parts to pass the test.
You’ll get a letter at the test centre. It’ll tell you which parts you did not score enough points on so you know what to practise.
You have to pass the Hazard Perception Test to move from a learner’s permit to a P1 provisional licence.
- You can do the test at any Customer Service Centre. You must book first by calling 13 10 84. When you book you must give your learner’s permit number.
- You must pay a fee every time you take the test. You can pay the fee by credit card when you book, or by cash, debit or credit card if you visit a Customer Service Centre.
- You do the test on a computer, but you don’t need computer skills.
- The test checks your ability to deal with risky driving situations.
- You’ll look at film clips of real traffic situations. You’ll be asked to show what you would do in these situations.
- You can practice the test here on the My Licence website.
- If you fail the test you can take it again straight away if a spot is available.